PhDr. Karolína Hlavatá, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. in human physiology and pathophysiology at the 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University Prague, dissertation on the theme of “the influence of individual nutritional factors on the success of a weight loss regime – predictors of weight reduction”.
- State rigorous examination at the Pedagogical Faculty, Masaryk University Brno, subject of health education for primary schools, academic title doctor of philosophy (PhDr.), theme of rigorous work: Obesity – self-help manual
- Specialisation in healthcare, human nutrition, Masaryk university, Brno
- Public healthcare, 3rd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University Prague
- OB clinic, Prague – dietician
- Professional guarantor of company Vím, co jím a piju, o.p.s
- Education in dietology for bachelor's subject “nutrition therapist”, 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University Prague.
- Endocrinology institute, Prague – dietician
Membership of professional associations
- Member of supervisory board, Vím, co jím a piju o.p.s
- Member of Society for Nutrition
- Member of Czech Obesitology Society
- Member of Czech Medical Society of JE Purkyně
Other professional activities
- External co-operation for foodstuffs companies.
- Dozens of lectures for professional and lay public, publication activity in professional and popular journals.
- Lecturing activity for corporate firms.
Scientific research activity
- Fandíme zdraví – (National programme health – projects in support of health, Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic 2016- 2017)
- Healthy Lifestyle Academy (Journalism academy), National health programme – projects in support of health, Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic 2015 and 2016
- What do you do for your health? (National health programme – projects in support of health, Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic 2015)
- Eat healthily and exercise – that's what it's about! (National health programme – projects in support of health, Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic 2014)
- European framework programme. The incidence of metabolic syndrome – prevention by timely diagnosis and treatment of obesity in children and adolescents. (2008–2011)
- Multicentric European grant DIOGenes, 6th framework programme (2005–2009)
- Educational materials for teachers and pupils in 1st year of primary school (in co-operation with the General Health Insurance Company and the Live Healthily project. Methodical portal RVP.
- COPAT – 10 steps to a healthy lifestyle and suitable weight (team of authors, Endocrinology institute, Prague, 2010).
- Stárka, L. et al. Advances in endocrinology. Prague. Maxdorf. 2007.
- Mužík, V. et al. Nutrition and exercise as a part of health education at primary school. A handbook for teachers. Brno. Paido. 2007.
- Pařízková, J.; Lisá, L. et al. Obesity in childhood and adolescence – therapy and prevention. Prague. Galén. 2007.
- English – communicative level
- German – communicative level
Hobbies and interests
- Badminton, cycling, mountain hiking, swimming, reading, gardening